Thursday, August 16, 2012

What will we do?

Some of you wonder what we will be doing this September course. 
I am so excited.  This summer I had the opportunity to go to Seattle and while I was there I went to the Science Museum and Seattle's Art Museum.

At the Science Museum they had a rare exhibit of King Tut's Tomb.  Over 100 objects found in his tomb.  I was so taken back by the colors and the workman ship.  I wanted to do something, I wanted to teach just a tad about this historical time so we will be making a Pharoh's mask.  This will be a two class period because we will be using paper mache.

  I then went to the Seattle Art Museum and talk about inspiration.  WOW!  One of the things that was on display was some Aborigini work.  I wasn't allowed to take pictures in this area.  This picture I got before I was told no pictures, but you can see an art piece in the back ground.    The Aborigini work included lots of dots and lines and we will recreate our own Aborigini Art piece.




Other things we will be learning is complimentary colors and using acrylic paints.  Drawing and using oil pastels.  And the art of Jasper Jones. 


I can't wait to start classes and see the amazing work your kids will create.


No comments:

Post a Comment